We've been without internet at our apartment since Saturday, so brace yourself for a long post. I think the last time I wrote was Saturday morning, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Saturday continued with us having a sort of late start to the day. We had the chance to talk to Mal, and Matt, so it gave us a bit of a delay, but it was well worth it. :) We set off for the Olympic park late in the afternoon. The ride was long, and very crowded, but it ended with beautiful weather in a beautiful park.
 |
| Tollwood from above |
 |
| The Olympic Park |
We sent V and James to the BMW museum, since it is a must see and is right there in the park, and Donnie and I headed out on a run with Paul. We ran all around the park and then up this epic hill, which we ended up walking up because it was so immense. The view from the top was amazing, and we couldn't help but interrupt our run with some picture taking. It was spectacular. I didn't take a picture of the downtown area because I already have so many of those. :)
 |
| Tollwood-main tent. |
 |
| Walking into Tollwood |
From there we ran back to meet James and V, and change out of our scrubby clothes. Right now in the Olympic park, there is a festival going on called Tollwood. It is different from other German festivals in the fact that it lacks rides, crazy German food on a stick and a generally wild atmosphere. This festival is one that celebrates diversity, it is multicultural, with all kinds of ethnic foods, drinks and crafts. Oh, and of course, music. :)
 |
| Yay for sun and great friends. |
 |
| Too much fun. |
There are all kinds of music in every corner of the festival, with the main events going on in the main tent. That is the only place that actually charges for admission, otherwise it's free to wander the grounds and see all the other bands. We ended up settling next to a Tanztent, (dance tent), and Paul enjoyed the music and dancing, while the rest of us enjoyed the company and beer. It was amazing weather! Cool, but sunny, which made V very happy because all she wanted this whole trip was sun. :) As much as the boys wanted to stay and play at the Tollwood festival, I was determined to go out with V while she was here. So we headed home and were ready to bounce back out.
 |
| My fav dance partner |
 |
| I highly recommend it. |
We headed downtown looking for a bar we had read about called the Atomic Cafe. After wandering around for 20 minutes, we ducked into a different place to get our bearings, then finally found the place we were looking for. V is one of the best dancers I know, and this place was right up our alley. It was the most random music, from 50's music to 90's to things I'd never heard. It didn't matter. I don't even know how long we danced, but it was a ton of fun. :)
We headed back home for some late night grilled cheese sandwiches
Needless to say, I was pretty useless the next morning, so our start was even later than usual. There was a tennis match that the boys wanted to see, so we settled in to watch it at Burgers. Unfortunately, (or not), Paul was tired, so I took him home and we had a nap while they watched the game, er sorry match.
 |
| River babies. |
 |
| Too cold to go in. :( |
From there we headed to the river to catch some sun, but in accordance with our luck that day, the sun disappeared the moment we arrived. It was nice to sit by the river, but it was too cold for Paul to play, so we packed up and headed home. It ended up being an early night for us all.
 |
| Great times, amazing people. |
Monday was their last day, so we geared up and headed to a few beer gardens and beer halls. James couldn't leave Munich without having stepped into the Hofbrau Haus, so we ended our tour there. We had such a great time with them, and I miss them already. Thanks V and James for everything, we really enjoyed your visit and can't wait to see you again!
In other news, Happy Birthday Angie! Sorry we missed you, it's been tricky with no internet. Hopefully, we'll see your faces soon. Otherwise, it's back to routine around here. We are expecting rain for a few days, so we're searching for indoor activities that Paul can tolerate. :) It's crazy how fast time has gone, I can't believe we'll be home so soon. Until next time, ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment