Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Fourth

Happy late Independence day! I can't remember the last time that I was in the states for a July 4th. I sorta miss the traditions of it all, but I think I like traveling in the summer more. :) I think next year we'll start celebrating it in some meaningful way for Paul to remember, maybe we'll be traveling somewhere in the US. :)

We spent our day going on an epic run, we ran for about 90 minutes and got lost somewhere in the Englischer Garten. Then we walked back through the Hofgarten and Odeonsplatz and stopped for breakfast at the Spaten beer hall. Breakfast in Bavaria is not like anywhere else. The most famous thing to have for breakfast is WeissWurst, which is white boiled sausage. It sounds horrible, but is actually really delicious. Donnie has wanted to have it before noon this whole trip, and it worked out that we ended up arriving just as they were opening. After enjoying our yummy snack, we walked on through the Viktualenmarkt and traveled home.
  

After naps and showers, we headed back out to the Hofbrau Keller. This is a beautiful beer garden that has a pretty good play area for kids. There are aslo hired people to help watch over the kids, however they weren't really paying that close attention to the little ones so we ended up watching Paul anyway. He had a good time, except there was this little girl that he really liked and she was very afraid of him because he wouldn't stop hugging her. Eventually we had to leave because Paul couldn't really play freely without upsetting her. Silly girls.

We stopped for some amazing ice cream on the way back to the U-bahn and decided not to head home quite then.

Donnie's pic
Asamkirche
We ended up going on the same walk from the Odeonsplatz down to Sendlinger Tor. It's so fun to people watch downtown, there are so many different types of people. I gave Donnie the camera and he took some cool random shots of downtown.

We finished off with a beer and the chicken dance. Paul's learning it slowly and it's really fun to see him try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment